|Birth name||Dana McKeon|
|Genres||Beatbox, electronic, folk pop|
Dana McKeon is a Maltese singer-songwriter & international beatbox pioneer, having officially represented Malta and single-handedly putting the island on the Worldwide Beatbox Map.
With her debut single "Street Art" topping the Airplay Charts in Malta and featuring on radio stations worldwide, Dana McKeon is making waves with her fresh Beatbox-Pop music.
Dana's music is a unique display of genre-fusion and versatility, showcasing world-class vocal percussion techniques, a captivating voice and synchronised multi-instrumentalisation. Her musical ventures have taken her all around Europe, with performances ranging from intimate, high-profile acoustic gigs to large-scale concerts where she got to turn up the volume for audiences of up to 5000, both solo and alongside her band.
Top Gig Listings
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Forum, 2012 ft HRH Prince Edward, the Countess of Wessex & the President of Malta
- The 2012 Paralympics, London Coca-Cola Beatbox stage
- Runway Gibraltar, 2013 | Runway Malta, 2012
- MTV Malta Music Week, 2010
- World Beatbox Battle Convention, 2010
- Malta Music Awards & Bay Music Awards
- Various festivals in the UK, Sweden, Germany, Finland & Malta
- Female finalist (ranked #5) @ 2012 World Beatbox Championships
- Female Vice-Champion @ 2012 & 2013 UK Beatbox Champs
- 1st place @ 2008 University of Malta's Singer-Songwriter Showcase