| North Vision Song Contest 22|
Connected As One
|Venue||Arena Armeec, Sofia|
|System||Each country awards two sets of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favourite songs: one from their professional jury and the other from televoting|
|North Vision Song Contest|
|◄ 21 23 ►|
North Vision Song Contest 22, often referred to as NVSC 22, will be the twenty-second edition of the North Vision Song Contest. The contest will be hosted in Sofia, Bulgaria, after Dara won the twenty-first edition of the contest with "K'vo ne chu".
Please refresh the map
|Sofia||Arena Armeec||12,373||Can be used for multipurpose events such as concerts and sporting events.|
|Varna||Palace of Culture and Sports||8,250||While it is predominantly associated with sporting events, the Kongresna Hall can be transformed to be suitable for hosting.|
|Plovdiv||Kolodruma||7,500||Velodrome and a multifunctional indoor arena. Home to VC Maritsa Plovdiv.|
Semi-final allocation draw
The draw that determined the semi-final allocation was held on 26 March 2017 at the Grand Hotel Sofia in Sofia. The big 6 countries were first drawn to determine in which semi-final each would country vote. The rest of the fourty-one countries were divided into six pots, based on their geographical place. Each time a country was drawn from the pot, its semi-final and half of the semi-final was determined.
The six pots were the following:
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3|
|Pot 4||Pot 5||Pot 6|
47 countries have confirmed their participation in the contest. This includes Azerbaijan, Finland, Ireland, Kazakhstan and Romania who will all return after being absent last edition. Egypt will also return after last participating in the nineteenth edition.
|Country||Artist||Song||Method of Selection|
|Armenia||Lucy||"Best of Me"||Internal selection|
|Azerbaijan||TBA 3 April 2017||TBA 3 April 2017||National selection|
|Bosnia-Herzegovina||Anabela||"Emotivno Labilna"||Internal selection|
|Andorra||Crystal Fighters||Internal selection|
|Austria||Ramona Rotstich||"Mädchenmusik"||National selection|
|Israel||Roby Fayer feat. Almog Segal||"Long Distance Romance"||National selection|
|Montenegro||Aleksandra Bucevac feat. Cvija||"Kad nestane svijet"||Internal selection|
|San Marino||National selection|
|Slovakia||Mária Čírová||"Unikát"||National selection|
|United Kingdom||Emeli Sandé||"Breathing Underwater"||National selection|
|Country||Artist||Song||Method of Selection|
|Algeria||The5||"La Bezzaf"||Internal selection|
|Belarus||Rita Dakota||"Polcheloveka"||Internal selection|
|Czech Republic||Nebe||"Zkus na chvíli mi lhát"||National selection|
|Denmark||Snakehips & MØ||"Don't Leave"||National selection|
|Germany||TBA April 2017||TBA April 2017||National selection|
|Greece||TBA 30 March 2017||TBA 8 April 2017||National selection|
|Estonia||Jana Kask||"Ood Nr. 6"||National selection|
|France||Aurélie Preston||"All We Have"||Internal selection|
|FYR Macedonia||Adelina Tahiri||"S'je i Pari"||Internal Selection|
|Hungary||Gabi Tóth feat. Freddie Shuman & Lofti Begi||"Hosszú Idők"||Internal selection|
|Russia||TATARKA & Little Big||"U Can Take"||Internal selection|
|Serbia||Nevena Božović||"Siesta"||National selection|
|Country||Artist||Song||Method of selection|
|Bulgaria||Zhana Bergendorff||"Dokrai"||Internal selection|
|Faroe Islands||Steso||"Lummagud"||Internal selection|
- Further information: List of countries in the North Vision Song Contest
Countries that are active members of the North Broadcasting Union (NBU) are also eligible to participate in the North Vision Song Contest. As in every edition, an invitation to all the members have been sent in order to confirm whether they will participate or not. The following list of countries declined stating their reasons as shown below.
Active NBU members
- Iceland: After withdrawing for the twenty-first edition, the country stated that a return this edition is very likely. However, on January 28, 2017, RÚV announced that it will not return, due to ongoing financial issues.
- Liechtenstein: Liechtenstein initially confirmed that Claudia Schanza would represent the nation. However, accusations made by the NBU of Schanza's song being political, as well as being a cover forced Liechtenstein to tender their withdrawal on 21 February 2017.
- Luxembourg: On 29 January 2017, RTL announced that Luxembourg would not be competing in the twenty-second edition due to budget costs.
- Monaco: Monaco hasn't participated in the contest since the seventeenth edition. The specific reason behind the withdrawal has never been confirmed. However, the country has always stated that a return in a future edition isn't ruled out, meaning that Monaco might return this edition.
- Portugal: After the previous head of delegation received a third strike and was forced to resign from his position, it is unlikely that Portugal will participate in the twenty-second edition. However a return in the twenty-third edition with a new head of delegation seems likely.
- Slovenia: Slovenia was also one of the countries that withdrew from the Northvision Song Contest 21. A return in this or a future edition is uncertain.
- Hong Kong: It's currently unknown whether Hong Kong will participate or not, as it has been confirmed that the country can only return for this edition if they will finish in the top 6 in the twenty-first edition, and subsequently participate as part of the Big 6 this edition, similar to last edition. As the country hasn't finished in the top 6 of last edition, it's unlikely that the country will keep its participation.