|Pre-Qualification Round 8|
United We Stand
|Final||4 December 2015|
|Venue||Kazakhstan Central Concert Hall, Astana, Kazakhstan|
Each country awarded:|
12, 10, 8-4 points (participants)
12, 10, 8-3 points (non-participants)
|◄ 7 9 ►|
Pre-Qualification Round 8 (often abbreviated PQR 8), was a pre-event held for the seventeenth edition of the North Vision Song Contest. Eight countries participated and five of them qualified to the semi finals. Kazakhstan was chosen as the host country and the venue was the Kazakhstan Central Concert Hall in Astana.
- For further information see Astana
Astana is the capital of Kazakhstan. Astana is the political, educational, sport and healthcare center of Kazakhstan. It was originally known as Akmoly.
Astana has been settled since 1830, established on the Ishim River, in a very flat, semi-arid steppe stone region. It has gone through several name changes before, in 1997, the capital of Kazakhstan became Akmola, which was renamed to Astana in 1998. It is currently twinned or sister-cities with eighteen cities in fifteen countries. Nowadays, nearly 900,000 people live in the city, however only 41% of the population are ethnically Kazakh. The other 59% is mainly made up of Germans, Russians and Ukrainians.
The hosting submissions for the pre-qualification round started on 17 November 2015. Eight countries applied to host the event. The first country to apply to host the event was previous pre-qualification round participant Armenia with the Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex. Slovakia joined the bidding phase with the Slovak National Theatre making it the fifth time the country applied. San Marino submitted their application to host the event with the San Marino Stadium for the fourth time. Russia was the next country that applied to host the event with the Nahum Orlov. Previous host of the event, Slovenia, also applied to host the event with Kocka in Ljubljana. Former winners of the contest Kazakhstan and Denmark joined the bidding phase with the Kazakhstan Central Concert Hall and the Koncerthuset respectively. Italy was the last country to join the bidding phase with Teatro dell'Opera di Roma.
The host was selected through a poll. After two days of voting, Kazakhstan was selected as the host of the event with 39 out of the 150 votes.
|Armenia (Yerevan)||Karen Demirchyan Complex||2,008|
|Italy (Rome)||Teatro dell'Opera di Roma||1,600|
|Kazakhstan (Astana)||Kazakhstan Central Concert Hall||3,500|
|Russia (Chelyabinsk)||Nahum Orlov||700|
|San Marino (Serravalle)||San Marino Stadium||5,000|
|Slovakia (Bratislava)||Slovak National Theatre||1,700|
In the eighth pre-qualification, the five countries that ended in the bottom of the two semi-finals of the sixteenth edition had to compete. However, as Albania and Luxembourg withdrew from the seventeenth edition, there were eight instead of ten countries competing. Luxembourg originally confirmed their participation but was forced to withdraw after missing out the deadline. There were five qualifiers, making it a total of twenty countries in each of the semi-finals of the edition.
|01||Liechtenstein||Parov Stelar feat. Claudia Kane||"Six Feet Underground"||4||60|
|02||FYR Macedonia||Daniel Kajmakoski||"10 Leta"||3||63|
|03||Malta||Brooke||"Young and Free"||5||56|
|04||Georgia||Mariam Chachkhiani feat. Loop G||"Gibberish"||7||56|
|07||Netherlands||Wolter Kroes & Billy Dans||"Hey Geen Idee"||8||38|
|08||Cyprus||Stefanos Dimosthenous||"Panta Ekei"||1||74|
|No.||Contestant||Nation(s) giving 12 points|
|4||Cyprus||Malta, Azerbaijan, Netherlands, Rest of the World|
|2||Lithuania||FYR Macedonia, Cyprus|