|North Vision Song Contest 1|
|Selection process||Fantasifestivalen 01|
22nd March 2013
24th March 2013
26th March 2013
28th March 2013
30th March 2013
1 April 2013
|Final result||3rd, 154 points|
|Sweden in the North Vision Song Contest|
Sweden participated in the North Vision Song Contest 1 in Budapest, Hungary. The Swedish entry was selected through Fantasifestivalen 01, a national final format that consisted of four semi-finals, a second chance round and a final, organised by Swedish broadcaster Sveriges Television (SVT). Timoteij represented Sweden with the song "Puls", which scored 154 points in the grand final and finished in 3rd place.
Fantasifestivalen 01 was the Swedish music competition that selected Sweden's entry for the North Vision Song Contest 1. Hosted by Danny Saucedo and Petra Marklund, 32 songs competed in a one-week-long process that consisted of four semifinals on 22, 24, 26 and 28 March 2013, a second chance round on 30 March 2013, and a final on 1 April 2013. Eight songs competed in each semifinal - the top two qualified directly to the final, while the third and fourth placed songs qualified to the second chance round. An additional two songs qualified to the final from the second chance round. Among the competing artists were Marie Serneholt who later represented Sweden in the North Vision Song Contest 6 and Malena Ernman who won the North Vision Song Contest 3 for Sweden and returned in North Vision Song Contest 7.
Semi-finals and Second chance
- The first semi-final took place on 22 March 2013 at the in . "Heaven Can Wait" performed by and "Spinning" performed by qualified directly to the final, while "Strong" performed by and " " performed by qualified to the second chance round.
- The second semi-final took place on 24 March 2013 at the That's the Way My Heart Goes" performed by Marie Serneholt qualified directly to the final, while "Don't Worry" performed by and "Psycho" performed by qualified to the second chance round. in . "Touch You Right Now" performed by and "
- The third semi-final took place on 26 March 2013 at the in . "Ghost" performed by and "Dance Our Tears Away" performed by feat. qualified directly to the final, while "S.O.S." performed by and "Is That Enough" performed by qualified to the second chance round.
- The fourth semi-final took place on 28 March 2013 at the Puls" performed by Timoteij qualified directly to the final, while "Made Of" performed by and "Mysteries" performed by qualified to the second chance round. in . "Änglavakt" performed by and "
- The second chance round took place on 30 March 2013 at the in . "Don't Worry" performed by and " " performed by were the two qualifiers for the final.
|Draw||Artist||Song (English Translation)||Composer(s)||Juries||Viewers||Total||Place|
|1||Timoteij||"Puls" (Pulse)||Gustav Eurén, Karl Eurén, Niclas Arn, Kristian Wejshag,||60||96||156||1|
|2||"Heaven Can Wait"||Johan Fjällström||48||40||88||5|
|3||"Don't Worry"||Jonathan Fagerlund||42||50||92||4|
|4||"Touch You Right Now"||Charlie King,, Peter Thelenius, Tomas Kollder, Jonas Wesslander||34||51||85||6|
|5||feat.||"Dance Our Tears Away"||John De Sohn, Andreas Jorgen Moe, Björn Johnsson, Didrik Thott||39||31||70||8|
|6||Marie Serneholt||"That's the Way My Heart Goes"||, Pär Westerlund, Rikard Brandén,||74||79||153||2|
|7||""||Patric Sarin,, Darin Zaynar||35||33||68||9|
|8||"Änglavakt" (Guardian Angel)||, Anders Henjerh||55||30||85||7|
|9||"Ghost"||, Amanda Jenssen||62||40||102||3|
|10||"Spinning"||A. Bhagavan, Jonas Von Der Burg, Niclas Von Der Burg||24||23||47||10|
There was controversy when it was decided by the NBU that Sweden would be automatically qualified for the grand final due to its funds putting into the contest. This was made to equal the semi-final participants number. During the running order draw at the Budapest National Theatre, Sweden was drawn to compete sixth in the grand final, following Greece and preceding Luxembourg, as well as drawn to vote in the first semi-final. Sweden placed 3rd in the final, scoring 154 points.
On stage, Timoteij were joined by two backing vocalists. The Swedish performance focused on Timoteij with their instruments on stage.
In Sweden, both the semi-finals and the final were broadcast on SVT1 with commentary by the Head of Delegation Jan Simonis. The shows were also broadcast via radio on Sveriges Radio P4 with commentary by Carolina Norén and Ronnie Ritterland. The Swedish spokesperson revealing the result of the Swedish vote in the final was Marie Serneholt.
Points awarded to Sweden
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Sweden
Split voting results
There have not been any split results in the first edition. The voting method was 100% televoting.