|North Vision Song Contest 19|
|Selection process||Fantasifestivalen 19|
15th March 2016
21st March 2016
30th April 2016
17th May 2016
21st May 2016
24th May 2016
|Selected entrant||Sophia Somajo|
|Selected song||"Klein Blue"|
|Selected songwriter(s)||Sophia Somajo, Per Eklund, Jimmy "Svidden" Koitsch|
|Semi-final result||3rd, 208 points|
|Final result||3rd, 321 points|
|Sweden in the North Vision Song Contest|
|◄ 18 20 ►|
Sweden participated in the North Vision Song Contest 19 in Italy. The Swedish entry was selected through Fantasifestivalen 19, a national final format that consisted of four semi-finals, a second chance round and a final, organised by Swedish broadcaster Sveriges Television (SVT).
Fantasifestivalen 19 was the Swedish music competition that selected Sweden's entry for the North Vision Song Contest 19. Hosted by William Spetz and Charlotte Perrelli, 28 songs competed in a two-month-long process that consisted of four semifinals, a second chance round, and a final. Seven songs competed in each semifinal - the top two qualified directly to the final, while the third and fourth placed songs qualified to the second chance round. An additional four songs qualified to the final from the second chance round.
Semi-finals, Second chance
- The first semi-final took place on 15 March 2016 at the Telenor Arena in Karlskrona. "Walking A Line" performed by Tove Styrke and "Ain't Going Home" performed by Ace Wilder qualified directly to the final, while "Crystal Clear" performed by Benjamin Ingrosso and "Weightless" performed by Mikaela Coco qualified to the second chance round.
- The second semi-final took place on 21 March 2016 at the Malmö Arena in Malmö. "Come Companion" performed by Maja Francis and "Numb" performed by Isa Tengblad qualified directly to the final, while "Only For Tonight" performed by Star Pilots and "Colors" performed by Eric Saade qualified to the second chance round.
- The third semi-final took place on 30 April 2016 at the Scandinavium in Gothenburg. "Resolution" performed by Le Maine and "Klein Blue" performed by Sophia Somajo qualified directly to the final, while "Vilken Jävla Smäll" performed by Albin & Kristin Amparo and "Untouched Hearts" performed by John Dahlbäck featuring Stockholm Syndrome qualified to the second chance round.
- The fourth semi-final took place on 17 May 2016 at the Himmelstalundshallen in Norrköping. "Funeral" performed by Mavrick and "Overload" performed by LNKAY qualified directly to the final, while "The Storm" performed by Eclipse and "Firelight" performed by Timoteij qualified to the second chance round.
- The second chance round took place on 21 May 2016 at the Rosvalla Eventcenter in Nyköping. "Vilken jävla smäll" performed by Albin & Kristin Amparo, "Weightless" performed by Mikaela Coco, "Untouched Hearts" performed by John Dahlbäck featuring Stockholm Syndrome and "Firelight" performed by Timoteij qualified to the final.
The final of Fantasifestivalen 19 was held at the Friends Arena in Stockholm on 24 May 2016. Twelve songs competed — two qualifiers from each of the four preceding semi-finals and four qualifiers from the Second Chance round. A mix of televoting/SMS voting and international jury voting selected the winner.
|Draw||Artist||Song (English Translation)||Composer(s)||Juries||Viewers||Total||Place|
|1||Albin feat. Kristin Amparo||"Vilken jävla smäll"|
(What a fucking bang)
|Kristin Amparo, Mattias Andréasson, Albin Johnsén||49||35||84||6|
|2||Maja Francis||"Come Companion"||David Axelsson, Maja Francis, Veronica Maggio, Petter Winnberg||5||22||27||12|
|3||Le Maine||"Resolution"||Tove Blum, Per Ekström, Albin Sunesson, Karl Hovmark||29||34||63||9|
|4||John Dahlbäck feat. Stockholm Syndrome||"Untouched Hearts"||Martina Braun Wolgast, John Dahlbäck, Cornelia Jakobsdotter Samuelsson||22||33||55||10|
|5||Timoteij||"Firelight"||Elina Thorsell, Bodil bergström, Cecilia Kallin||3||34||37||11|
|6||Sophia Somajo||"Klein Blue"||Sophia Somajo, Per Eklund, Jimmy "Svidden" Koitsch||88||50||138||1|
|7||Mavrick||"Funeral"||David Hedvall, Elias Kapari, Marcus Sennewald||62||35||97||4|
|8||Ace Wilder||"Ain't Going Home"||Alice Gernandt, Adam Kulling, Erik Shalén||55||43||98||3|
|9||Mikaela Coco||"Weightless"||Mikaela Coco||51||49||100||2|
|10||Isa||"Numb"||Isa Tengblad, Sheppard Solomon, Stephan Moccio||37||43||80||7|
|11||LNKAY||"Overload"||David Husberg, Ellen Stokstad||28||49||77||8|
|12||Tove Styrke||"Walking A Line"||Tove Styrke, Jan Kask||44||46||90||5|
In Sweden, both the semi-finals and the final will be broadcasted on SVT1 with commentary by Lotta Bromé. The shows will also be broadcasted via radio on Sveriges Radio P4 with commentary by Carolina Norén and Björn Kjellman.
Points awarded to Sweden
Points awarded by Sweden
Split voting results